“ My goal has always been to help people help themselves. Your body is your most priceless possession; you’ve got to take care of it! ” Jack LaLane
Have you accepted or resigned yourself to dealing with stress-filled days at work or home? It’s more common that you know. Many of us decide that this is just how life is.
But it really doesn’t have to be.
Yes, there are times in our lives that will be stressful. All stress isn’t bad. Sometimes it’s the body’s way of telling us to slow down or take notice. Many of us have ignored those signs for so long they now are part of our day to day.
Let’s change that.
First, let’s get real about how we think we “manage” or accept stress. Many of us are so accustomed to our high-stress lives we don’t notice the coping mechanisms we use to try and feel a bit better.
One of the most common is emotional eating.
Any of this sound familiar?
- You are eating more and have gained weight
- You reward yourself by eating
- You eat when you’re bored
- You eat when you’re sad
- You eat when you’re happy
- Your eating is out of control, can’t stop
- You are always thinking of food
Emotional eating isn’t about a lack of willpower. It’s about trying to reduce stress by using food to find comfort. It’s a way to numb yourself to the pain and discomfort of dealing with the underlying causes of stress.
When you understand the why of emotional eating, you can address it successfully. Many of us don’t even know we’re using food this way. Is it time to pay attention to how food impacts you and your life?
If you’d like help around this topic, please email and let me know. I’m going to have a FREE “Eat Mindfully, Live Vibrantly” workshop webinar this month that will outline emotional eating solutions. Click here to register.
I’ll share how to:
- Describe the characteristics of the eating cycles: Instinctive Eating, Overeating, Restrictive Eating, and the Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle.
- Identify the decision points in the Mindful Eating Cycle.
- Explain why the Mindful Eating Cycle may be a viable model to help break the eat-repent-repeat cycle.
Hit reply and let me know how food affects you.
PS Ready for some stress-busting help right now?